Personal Data Protection Act
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT PRIVACY NOTICE
In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (hereinafter referred to as “PDPA”) we, M/s Circular Law Chambers LLP provide our Privacy Notice hereunder:-
1. For the avoidance of doubt, any reference to the term “personal data” in this Privacy Notice shall refer to any information which you will provide to us including but not limited to, your name, copies of your NRIC/FIN/ Passport, contact information and/ or any other information that we may have collected from you.
2. In compliance with S 14(1) of the PDPA, we are required to obtain the necessary written consent from you prior to the collection of your personal data.
3. All personal data collected by M/s Circular Law Chambers LLP shall be limited to the purpose of the transaction listed in the Matter Description of the Letter of Consent hereunder in compliance with S 18 of the PDPA.
4. In accordance with S 21(1) of the PDPA you may make a request in writing to our Data Officer to obtain the following information about your personal data:
a. Personal data about yourself that is in the possession or under the control of M/s Circular Law Chambers LLP; and
b. Information about the ways in which personal data has been or may have been used or disclosed by the organisation.
For the avoidance of doubt, in respect to Notice 4(b), M/s Circular Law Chambers LLP shall only be liable to provide a generic description in which the personal data was used and we are not obliged to state and/ or describe all the instances when the personal data was disclosed.
Upon receipt of your written request, our Data Officer will endeavour to respond to your request within thirty (30) days from the receipt of such request. If we are unable to do so, we shall, in writing, inform you of the time by which our Data Officer will be able to respond to your request.
Please note that we are entitled to charge a fee of $50.00 to recover the cost of your request.
5. In accordance to S 22(1) of the PDPA, if there are any error or omission to your personal data that are in M/s Circular Law Chambers LLP’s possession or under the control of M/s Circular Law Chambers LLP, you may write in to submit a request for M/s Circular Law Chambers LLP to correct the error or omission. We shall in accordance to S 22(2) of the PDPA correct the personal data as soon as practicable.
6. In compliance with S 23 of the PDPA, M/s Circular Law Chambers LLP shall make a reasonable effort to ensure that the personal data collected is accurate and complete.
7. M/s Circular Law Chambers LLP shall take reasonable security measures in compliance with S 24 of the PDPA to prevent any unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal of your personal data.
8. You may opt out of any use or disclosure of your personal data in writing to us. We might not be able to continue to provide our services to you depending on your request and our rights in such events are expressly reserved.
9. Should you have any enquiries or wish to opt out, you may write in to us:
M/s Circular Law Chambers LLP Data Protection Officer
16 Upper Circular Road