Family affairs can sometimes leave you helpless and emotionally drained. Our Family Law practice group is able to understand and address our clients’ concerns to assist them in achieving the best possible solution. Regardless of whether you are considering a divorce or an application for a personal protection order, our team of compassionate and dedicated lawyers will be at hand to alleviate the stress of your current predicament. Our specialized team of family lawyers are experienced in all areas of family law, including but not limited to:
- Uncontested and Contested Divorce Proceedings
- Nullity Proceedings
- Drafting of Prenuptial and Postnuptial (Marital) Agreements
- Drafting of Deed of Separation
Interim Custody, Care and Control and Access (Guardianship of Infants Act) Applications
- Interim Maintenance Applications (MSS)
- Family Violence Proceedings (PPO)
- Variation Applications
- Injunction Applications
- Cross-Border Divorces
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Are you eligible to file for divorce in Singapore?
You have to be married for at least 3 years and at least one of the parties has to be a Singapore citizen or fulfils the residency requirement (lived and worked in Singapore for at least 3 years).
2. What are your options if you do not fulfil the requirements to file for divorce in Singapore?
You may wish to consider filing for an annulment instead. If your application is successful, your marriage will be void. The Most common reason for annulment in Singapore is one party’s wilful refusal to consummate the marriage. In the alternative, you may also consider entering a deed of separation with your spouse.